Monday, June 27, 2022

WHERE THERE'S A WIL

 WHERE’ S THERE’S A WIL…


I love to write down what I’m thinking…I love to take the time…

to gather up my thoughts…and try to make them rhyme.


I post these thoughts on Facebook…for friends and family to see…

and I am always overjoyed…when everyone agrees with me.


But every now and then a friend or family member comes along…

who disagrees with what I’m thinking…who thinks that I am wrong.


This person gathers up his thoughts…he even takes the time

to respond to what I’m thinking…(although he never makes his rhyme!)


I believe our country’s headed in the wrong direction…from what I hear and see

He sees with different eyes than mine and does not agree with me.


I try to comprehend his thinking…as I’m sure he does mine too…

It’s a struggle as we try to understand each other’s opposite point of view.


I’m pretty sure we both know….we both have come to realize.

there are certain issues in this country on which it’s impossible to compromise.


Still, I imagine we both share this similar thought…about the difficulty of our plight…

How do I make him understand that he is wrong…and I am right?


We do agree on some minor things…but on most major ones…we don’t

And if we ever hope for total agreement with one another…

there’s a good chance that we won/‘t


But I will keep him as a friend on Facebook…because we have a lot of work to do…

and unless we discuss our differences…no-one will ever change their point of view.


So I will continue to listen to the words he writes…and he will listen to my rhymes…

as we both keep fighting to change the world…one person at at time.


There’s a chance neither of us will change our views as we dance this delicate ballet…

but I figure I have a distinct advantage….

because where there’s a Wil…there has to be a way.


No comments:

Post a Comment