Sunday, June 12, 2022

CHOCOLATE FACTORY

 Knowing we’d be heading across the middle of Kansas on Interstate 70

Perry, a friend, asked us if we planned to stop at the Russel Stover Chocolate Factory.


Wait!  A chocolate factory along our route in Kansas…while on our two month long vacation!

How, when we were planning, could we have missed this critical information?


We thanked Perry for his thoughtfulness…He’s a kind and generous chap…

and immediately after finding out…we unfolded our map.


Google told us the Russel Stover chocolate factory is in Abilene…and we quickly did the math…smiling at one another when we realized…she was directly in our path.


We give ourselves time when traveling for moments such as these

to stop and smell the roses…see the sights…and visit chocolate factories.


Our GPS knows us quite well by now…so at the beginning of the day…

as soon as I typed in Russel Stover…she said…”No Problem…I know the way”.


“Is this heaven?”. I asked surrounded by chocolates…with chocolate aroma filling our heads….with a shake of her head and a smile, “No, this is Kansas." the store clerk said.


We bought two bags of chocolates…again the math is elementary…

so as not to get them confused…one for Deborah….and one for me


When our chocolate high subsided…as I sat in a chair…reclined…

I said, “Deborah, while I was sitting here a question popped into my mind”.


“When it came to Pike’s Peak the other day…you remember the one with the 14,000 foot drop….would you have been less anxious if there was chocolate waiting at the top?”


“Knowing donuts would be there certainly made the ride easier." she said giving my hand a squeeze…”But if there was chocolate waiting at the top…I would have crawled up on my hands and knees”.


So a big thank you to Perry for suggesting…for our GPS for seeing us through…

And….I know I’m forgetting someone..oh yea…to Russel Stover too.


The next time you’re on a road trip…or for that matter driving anywhere in your car…

If you’re blessed to have each other, family, friends, donuts and chocolate…

remember how lucky you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment