Saturday, June 18, 2022

SUBARU AND GPS

 As our trip comes to an end after all the miles we’ve driven through…

I’d like to take time out to thank…our GPS and Subaru.


Our Subaru soldiered on…taking us wherever we wanted to go…

Through the heat, the hail the rain…the fog, the winds…the snow.


She never faltered…not once…and she was carrying quite a load…

even when the winds in South Dakota tried to blow her off the road .


Even buried under 5 inches of snow…which would make any Florida car weak…

Even at the prospect of a long fall off Pikes Peak.


In Tennessee when the temperature reached 114…she even kept her cool…

when we left her sitting in the sun…as we jumped in the pool.


But the Subaru can only do so much…imagine what a mess

If we’d have tried to complete this trip…without our GPS.


With the Subaru running smoothly (you could hear her engine purr)

we’d tell the GPS where we wanted to go…and leave the directions up to her.


And as I sit here reminiscing….now that our trip is done…

every place we programmed in… she found them…every one.


Even when I made the wrong turn and I was feeling sad….

she rerouted me with a smile…and never once got mad.


Deborah more than once said remarked…you talk to her nicer than you talk to me…

at this point I kept silent…I mean I could not disagree.


She said perhaps I need some therapy…because with this device I seemed obsessed….I said which one of us needs therapy…your jealous of my GPS!


But in the end we worked out our differences…

knowing we wouldn’t have made it through….

without the assistance of our GPS…and the strength of our Subaru.


No comments:

Post a Comment