Friday, May 28, 2021

COUNTING BLESSINGS

 


I was counting my blessings the other day…marveling at how far those blessings extend as we ate dinner out one night with family…and the next morning ate breakfast out with friends.


I looked around the table…thinking WOW!…how time has flown

marveling at how tall, in such a short time, our grandchildren have grown.


Talking to them more like adults…subjects we never talk about before…

wondering when they stopped being babies…or children any more.


Hoping as I always do…that this moment would not end…

enjoying how each family member, over time, has become a friend.


The next morning…more blessing to count…more good fortune…more dividends…as we sat around a table having breakfast with old friends.


Reminiscing…telling stories of a time when we all taught….

some stories I remembered…some stories I did not.


Listening to new stories about our families…feeling each others pride…

talking about the good and bad times on life’s roller coaster ride.


Hoping as I always do…this moment would go on indefinitely

enjoying how our old friends, over time, have become our family.


Sitting at both tables I found myself amazed at how even blessings can transcend…for now I’m blessed with friends who are my family…and a family filled with friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment