Thursday, June 3, 2021

OWEN

 


I have a friend…a Facebook friend…who lives across the sea

We share a love of life…of kindness….and a love of poetry.


We’ve never actually spoken face to face…we found a different way to intertwine…as I like reading his poetry…and he likes reading mine.


His name is Owen…the Poetic Preacher…and with him I must agree

for what better way to preach…than with a little poetry.


He lives in Zambia in a town called Kafue (caw-foo-ay)

and from across the ocean I’d like to wish him a happy birthday today.


I know we only see each other on Facebook..and only from time to time…

but it’s nice to share a story…some laughter…a smile or a rhyme.


So happy birthday Owen…and for those who’ve never had the the pleasure of inviting his writing into your homes…I’ll leave you, as a birthday gift, one of Owen’s poems…


Your mind is a garden

Your thoughts are the seeds

You can either grow flowers

Or you can grow weeds.


I hope you have a chance to read his words…you take the opportunity…

to feel the wonder of his preaching…when it’s mixed with poetry. 


Preaching for a world of kindness…a world of acceptance…

a world where everyone is free…preaching for a world at peace…

peace through poetry.



No comments:

Post a Comment