Friday, June 4, 2021

CINNAMON BUN

 


I write of love, of friends, of family…of nature and kindness too

how…if you keep these in your life…they will help to see you through.


These are all important topics…vital…but today I’m choosing another one…

Today I’d like to talk about the ultimate cinnamon bun.


We met it on our drive to NC…just reading about it on the menu blew our minds…

A homemade cinnamon bun with sweet vanilla glaze…and that price..$5.99.


“The price may seem steep.” the waitress said, “but, please. do not despair.

One of our cinnamon buns is big enough for the two of you two share”. 


And so we did…which was a good idea…because that cinnamon bun…I swear

If I’m not mistaken…was the size of Delaware!


It was warm, its aroma was inviting…the two of us were amazed…

Not only at its size…but how it was dripping in vanilla glaze.


I paused as I was about to cut it in half…caught up in it’s allure…

Thinking it would be a shame to tamper with something so heavenly and pure.


Then realizing the bun was cooling…Deborah came to my rescue…

She grabbed the knife and quickly cut that cinnamon bun in two.


We ate our halves in silence…our breathing slowed…our eyes shut tight…

Lost in cinnamon bun heaven….savoring every bite.


I use to think my life was complete…a beautiful wife…daughter and two wonderful sons…But life took on a whole new meaning as I ate that cinnamon bun.


The waitress, the cook, the plate, the fork…we showered all with compliments…

Telling them it was the best five dollars and ninety-nine cents we had ever sent.


We were a little sad as we left the restaurant…once our breakfast meal was done…knowing it would be a long time till we returned for another cinnamon bun…


That is until the waitress said…enjoy the rest of your trip…

and by the way…

in case you’re interested…

our cinnamon buns…

we ship.


No comments:

Post a Comment