Friday, August 23, 2024

THEIR HOUSE

 

As they were sitting in their house he looked around and scratched his head.

Then, after looking around some more, turned to his wife and said:


“It’s old, it’s small, we only have one bathroom, we don’t have a lot of storage space.

Some of the windows won’t open and the whole hearth needs to be replaced.”


Its floor leans a little to the east, it has it’s share of cracks

It has so many imperfections that all the newer houses lack.


“So what is it about this house,” He asked, “that we bought all those years ago?”

“What is it about this house that makes you love it so?”

 

"When we walked into this house that first day,” she said as she wiped away a tear,

“I immediately began to see all the things we would be doing here.”


“This house made me feel happy…and the moment we walked in her front door

I could hear our laughter echoing off these walls…and see our babies crawling on these floors.”


“I saw us eating meals around this table…first just me and you

then adding more chairs and food as our family grew and grew.”


“I saw holidays celebrated in this room…all the birthday cakes and candles I could see

I saw us opening presents…and in that corner…I saw our Christmas tree.”


“That’s why I love this house…with all its flaws and glitches and cracks….

because this is where or life unfolded…and this is where I love looking back…”


“and thinking how when we stepped through that door…in that one instant I knew

this would be the house where our dreams would all come true.”


No comments:

Post a Comment