Monday, August 19, 2024

A MISTY MORNING RAIN

 

The moon had set, the sky was black as I walked along the lane 

and with no thunder to announce its arrival..nature surprised me with the rain


It was a misty morning rain…the kind it’s difficult to forget

because as I was walking in the rain…I was not getting wet!


The only way I knew it was raining was in the mist I saw falling

in the lights that illuminated the street…

and as I watched the raindrops land softly …

then dance in the puddles at my feet.


I stood there for a moment looking up…arms outstretched…wondering how and why

I was so lucky to be standing in the rain…while remaining completely dry.


Then as quickly as it began…a moment almost as entrancing…

The rain stopped….the streetlights went back to illuminating by path

and the puddles all stopped dancing.


I always wonder what nature is trying to teach me…and this morning I have no doubt

this was just another lesson…she was tossing out.


How easily peace upon this planet and in this life could be attained…

If we treated the Earth and each other…

as softly and as gently

as a misty morning rain..


No comments:

Post a Comment