Wednesday, March 30, 2022

ONE MAN'S (AND WAR'S) DILEMMA

 

I know I have to live, the old man said, having just lost his entire family to war…

But how do I go one living when I have nothing to live for?


How will I face the loneliness each evening…the heartbreak of each dawn?

How will I go on…when all I have…is gone?


Where will I put my grief every time hear their names…

knowing my broken heart will never beat the same?


How will I separate my sorrow while protecting their memories each day?

How do I keep those memories from ever fading away?


How will I find happiness again and not buckle under the strain?

How do I ensure your hate will not start running through my veins?


How do I keep your hate from winning when I’m so angry…when all I want to do is cry?

I’m not sure how I’ll do all this…but…for their sake…I know I have to try.


I will try with all my heart not to let you have my hate…and all it’s accompanying sins…

Because I know first-hand how much there is to lose…

the moment hate begins.



No comments:

Post a Comment