Thursday, March 31, 2022

A RABBIT IN TIME OUT

 

A RABBIT IN TIME OUT


Deborah and I discovered him on our walk this morning…and at first we were appalled.

A rabbit…on the sidewalk up ahead of us…with his face against a wall.


He didn’t run away (like rabbits normally do) when we approached…just stood there silent and stout…which made me wonder what could this rabbit have done to end up in time-out.


I wondered…Did he talk back to his teacher?…perhaps it was manners that he lacked…until I realized…if rabbits can’t talk…how could he talk back!


And even if rabbits communicate with each other in a language we don’t comprehend…it was too early for school to have started…and who knows if he was old enough to attend!


What could he have done I wondered…was he cold or callous…or mean?

I wanted to ask his mother…but she was no where to be seen. 


It could be his mom his a very strict no-nonsense disciplinarian…and at breakfast this morning he told her he’s no longer vegetarian.


Maybe he was sloppy and didn’t keep his room in the warren neat…perhaps he stole some lettuce from the garden down the street.


All these questions and more I posed as Deborah and I were walking…but no matter how much I interrogated him…the rabbit wasn’t talking.


So this mystery remains unsolved…

we are left with questions…confusion…and doubt 

as to why on our walk this morning…

we saw a rabbit in time-out.





http://dailyrhyme-jim.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment