Sunday, January 28, 2024

FULL MOON WONDERINGS

 

 When you walk under the watchful eye of a full moon…your mind begins to soar

And you find a variety of thoughts come crashing upon your shore.


For instance: as I see the moon and stars hovering in the sky…

and a host of clouds floating free…

I wonder…since I am seeing them…if they are seeing me?


I wonder how many people have ever mistaken the sunset for the dawn.

Or if anyone has ever ridden on a dragon…or shook hands with a leprechaun.


I wonder about love and hate…in each case…what ignites them…

I wonder if there’d still be wars…if no one came to fight them.


I wonder if there is any part of prejudice and bigotry I will ever understand.

I wonder if instead of taking up arms against one another…we tried more…holding hands.


I wonder if a meadow filled with flowers is where rainbows go to rest.

I wonder if a rabbit ever feels wonder or if a dolphin feels blessed.


I wonder if an eagle or a whale ever look around and wonder…how and when and why.

I wonder what it’s like to be a bird…or a butterfly.


I wonder how many different things can cause a heart to swoon.

I wonder if I started walking now…how long it’d take to reach the moon.


I wonder if what makes us rich is not how much we save but how much we give away.

I wonder if it’s really true…that love will always find a way.


These are the kind of thoughts that come ashore…

they’re always filled with wonder and surprises…

and why I can’t to take my morning walk

when the next full moon arises. 


No comments:

Post a Comment