Saturday, March 11, 2017

SYNCHRONICITY

I believe in synchronicity…
coincidences we discover along the way…
little signs from nature
that help define our day.

Yesterday morning on our walk
as merrily we strode…
I found a dollar sign someone had painted
in the middle of the road.

“Deborah it’s a sign!” I said,
“right here beneath our feet.”
“It means we’re coming into money
and we’ll live on easy street.”

“I wonder how rich we’ll be?”
I said happily to my spouse.
“Perhaps we’ll win the lotto…
or Publisher’s Clearing House.”

We kept on walking contentedly
until, around the next corner, I found
there shining right in front of me…
a nickel on the ground.

Deborah took one look at our treasure 
and said, “A nickel…how terrific!
I hope the next time you find a sign…

it’s a little more specific.”

No comments:

Post a Comment