Monday, March 27, 2017

A SHOOTING STAR

This morning, while out walking,
I hadn’t gotten very far…
when I happened to look up
and see a shooting star.

It was in that magical time of day,
before the night gives way to dawn.
I saw a flash,
a streak of light,
and then… the star was gone.

And I had to stop and marvel
at how that star and the night contrasted…
there but for a moment…
beautiful while it lasted.

I continued on my morning walk
again, I hadn’t gotten very far,
when I realized how all of us
are like that shooting star.

No matter how we see our life…
of this there is no doubt
We are here but for a brief moment 
before our light burns out.

I made a wish upon that star:
That everyone would be loving and caring and kind…
so people will smile when they see their star

and at the light they leave behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment