Saturday, October 13, 2018

I PREFER TO BE AMAZED

Sometimes I wonder about nature’s mysteries… 
how there is so much I can’t explain?
Like why the sand dunes can be heard to sing
or how flowers anticipate the rain.

Like how the sun rises to greet the day
and how at night it bids adieu.
Like how there is a rhythm to the waves
or how the sky epitomizes blue. 

Like how a stream can talk to you.
Like how dew drops nestle in the grasses.
Like how clouds can change right before our eyes 
or how leaves shiver as a cool breeze passes.

Like how life can flourish in the most unlikely places.
Like how the ocean can be so wide.
Like the boisterous sound of crows in flight
or the silence of a pelican’s glide.

Like the sheer force of thunder and lightning
as they announce a summer squall.
Like how a rainbow stretches across the sky.
Like the the wonder of a waterfall…

But then again when I stop to think about it 
I don’t really want to know
what makes the flowers smile
what makes the cool winds blow

because as I look around me…
as out on nature my eyes gaze
I don’t want to know her secrets….

I prefer to be amazed.



No comments:

Post a Comment