Wednesday, May 17, 2017

MY LIST

On my morning walk each day I like to make a list of things I love…
It’s a wonderful way to start…
A way to strengthen my body…as well as exercise my heart.

l love my wife and family…I list them first each day
I love the myriad of friendships I’ve made along the way.

I love the moon, the stars, the clouds…I love the flowers and the trees.
I love to stand among the raindrops…I love a gentle morning breeze.

I love that I can feel…I love that I have two hands.
I love to watch a sunset…I love to walk along the sand.

I love to fly, I love skipping stones…I love many crazy hair styles
I love to hear a baby’s laugh and watch anybody smile.

I love the mountains…I love the streams
I love to say the word falafel…
I love warm chocolate chip cookies
and I love ice cream on a waffle.

I start my list as I begin my walk
and it grows the more I roam…
the funny thing is…my list is never finished
by the time I get back home.

And I imagine the list would never end
if I walked from June to June
If I walked around the entire Earth…
If I walked up to the moon…

And so I wonder:
Wouldn’t this be a wonderful way to change the world…
If everyone would participate…
We’d be so busy making lists of things we loved…
we’d have no time to hate.


No comments:

Post a Comment