Sunday, September 29, 2024

SEEDS OF HOPE

 I’ve been blessed to walk along this country’s beaches, across her mountains

beside her rivers and her streams

to witness first-hand the beauty Mother Nature gifts us…to experience the Creators’ dreams.


Oftentimes wherever I have been…I’ve found myself stopping to say…

“The beauty that I’m seeing…takes my breath away”.


The other day I witnessed a different side of Mother Nature…Her destruction and her pain…

as I walked the streets of my city…after a hurricane.


Flooded houses, boats on top of boats, docks and piers no longer here.

Families who lost everything…left only with their tears.


This hurricane wrecked havoc…not only here…but hundreds of miles away

and seeing the devastation she left behind…well…it took my breath away.


We were lucky our trees only lost a few limbs and for two days we were without power…

but still resting on the picnic table in our back yard…was this plastic tray of flowers. 


Seeds Deborah gathered from sunflowers last summer…

she only days ago planted in that little plastic tray…

Seeds the hurricane…with all of Mother Nature’s power…failed to blow away.


And sprouting from that little plastic tray…as if they were enchanted…

little tiny sunflower sprouts…waiting to we planted.


We also saw neighbors and strangers helping one another…

all across this land

Which reminded us…when Mother Nature disappoints us…

Human Nature is there to lend a helping hand.


Yes, the devastation Mother Nature left behind 

contains more sorrow than many of us will ever know

but with the help of Human Nature…she also left…some seeds of hope to grow.


And as I watch Mother Nature’s seeds…and Human Nature’s kindness 

grow a little more every day…

Not only does it bring a smile to my face…but it takes my breath away.


No comments:

Post a Comment