Tuesday, September 17, 2024

BREATHE


In our constant search for happiness that takes place in our life every day

we tend to look for moments that take our breath away.


But if we only find our happiness in those moments that take our breath away…

we miss all those little moments of happiness that surround us every day.


Like how the the clouds kept changing color and shape 

the other morning on our walk.

Like how we smiled, we cried and we clapped

as we listened to Jane Goodall talk.


Like the little girl in the bookstore who smiled and said,

“Can you guess how old I am?” while looking directly in my eyes…

And how I guessed that she was 7…and it only took me 2 tries.


Like watching people on a hot and humid day come into the store

eating ice cream as they perused the books on every shelf…

and when my shift was over…buying two scoops for myself!


Like getting texts from my son, my daughter and my granddaughter

meant to touch my heart and to amuse….

Like seeing the excitement on Deborah’s face as she tried on her new shoes.


Like how two rabbits, who usually run away when they see me in the morning….

this morning stopped to say hello…

Like how every day, as if my magic, I learn something I didn’t know.


These are just a few simple examples of how before each day is through… 

you don’t have to be searching for happiness….

sometimes happiness finds you.


There is nothing wrong with searching searching for happiness

in those magic moments that take our breath away….

as long as we remember to enjoy those little moments of happiness

we breathe in every day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment