Wednesday, September 11, 2024

LOVE AND FAMILY

 

When I was young…the advice my parents gave me about love…

I thought was just a myth…

How I needed to find someone in life…to grow old together with.


Back then I thought the kind of love that leads to marriage 

the way all love began…

was the kind my parents had…between a woman and a man


And though, for me, this is the path…I discovered to be true…

when I grew up up I realized this path may not be the same…for you.


Since love can be elusive…this truth I’ve come to know…

If you’re lucky enough to find a partner you love… 

and who loves you back…never let them go.


I’ve learned there is nothing more precious in this world 

than to share love with another person in your life….

and it doesn’t matter if that person is your partner…

your husband…or your wife.


That a family…built on love…is a treasure to be had…

whether it starts with a father and a mother… 

with two mothers…

or two dads.


Because when it comes to who we choose as a life partner

and the family we build together…before they scatter….

The love we share with one another…

the love that holds us all together…

is all that really matters.


Because love…when freely given and received…

is a ballad to be sung

And as we grow a little older every day 

love has a way to keep us young.


So the advice I give my children now

is a little different than what…when I was younger…I was told…

I advise them to find someone whose love makes you feel young each day

as the two of you grow old.


No comments:

Post a Comment