Tuesday, September 10, 2024

MOTHER AND BABY

 

We heard the baby crying and when we arrived upon the scene

the two of us felt blessed… 

as we watched a mother pick up her baby

and hold her to her chest.


And as that mother rocked back and forth

the way a summer breeze slowly, gently moves a swing…

in a park under a clear blue sky…she began to sing.


A soft and soothing song…we both found mystifying.

Her baby must have agreed because she eventually stopped crying.


We whispered to the mother…

What a sweet and beautiful song…

And, after smiling at her sleeping babe,

the two of us moved along.


It’s been days now since that moment

and even though we are apart…

that song sung by the mother still echoes in my heart.


And every time I hear it…I feel just as blessed..

as I remember that moment when a mother held her baby to her chest.


And where…in a park under a sunny deep blue sky 

I was a witness to the magic…and the beauty


No comments:

Post a Comment