Thursday, September 19, 2024

LIKE THE FLOWERS

 

I am not a botanist…never had the brain-power or the skill

but that has never stopped me from loving flowers…and it never will.


After years of hiking thought forests…over mountains…

across valleys…up and down hills

I can identify a rose, a sunflower, a daisy…a poppy and a daffodil.


And from walking around yards and gardens 

after a rain or under a sky so blue

I’ve come to know a dahlia, a carnation…a rose and a dandelion too.


One thing I have learned as I’ve come to know each flower by name

is that no two daisies, not two sunflowers…no two roses are the same.


If you look closely at the flowers…as in the morning breeze they sway

you quickly notice each flower, though still beautiful…is unique in its own way.


The more you notice the uniqueness of each flower…the more you are elated

because along the way you’ve discovered this is the way all flowers are created.


And you come to understand flowers are to be enjoyed two ways

as they bask in the noonday sun…

to be loved as an entire group…and for the uniqueness of each one. 


Which is why I often find myself in a filed of flowers praying for the day

we humans…also flowers of creation…will be viewed in the same way.


As I say…I am not a botanist…nor an anthropologist…

never had the brain-power or the skill.

but that does not stop me from praying for this day to come…

and…it never will


No comments:

Post a Comment