Monday, September 2, 2024

A CELTIC SUMMER'S NIGHT

 

I believe we’re created to be discoverers…from the moment of our birth!

meant to discover all the things we love…while here upon the Earth.


I think that’s why so often on a chid’s face a smile finds its way…

because they are discovering new things to love…new things in each and every day,


I’m not sure when I started loving Celtic music…

when the sound of the fiddle first made me grin…

I imagine it happened years ago…when heard my first violin. 


I’n not sure when I started loving an Irish accent

I imagine it was when I saw a woman from Ireland…

had the chance to meet her.

and I heard the same words that I speak…

Lout of her mouth…sound much sweeter.


I’m not sure when I started loving Celtic songs…

I imagine it was when I heard an Irish woman sing

In a voice as clear and beautiful as the mountain dew…in Spring.


I’m not sure when I started loving Irish dancing…

I imagine it was when I first was mesmerized by those flying feet…

and realized how so much grace and beauty could be paired with a rhythm and a beat.


I’m not sure when these loves began…I imagine each at a certain age

but yesterday we were treated to all these…together on one stage.


Opportunities to discover new things we love become harder to find

the older that we grow

So it’s nice when we rediscover things we learned to love…a long long time ago…


Which is why sitting in the theater…everything felt so comfortable…so right

as I watched and listened to the music and the dancing of a Celtic Summer’s Night.


And why as I sat mesmerized…to the beauty…the power…the grace

the same smile I smiled when I discovered these loves as a child…

found its way across my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment