Tuesday, September 3, 2024

ON THE RIVERBANK

 

Working in a bookstore gives me a unique perspective which I never had before.

I get to see the world through the people who come in and out the store.


It’s like I’m on a riverbank…where the ceiling is the sky

and where I get to glimpse at all the people floating by.


I’ve seen every size and shape and color of families…of this I have do doubt

from my spot upon the riverbank…as they flow in and out.


I’ve seen every size and shape and color of couples…on the river…holding hands 

and from my spot upon the riverbank I’ve come to understand


how a heart without restrictions is a wonderful sight to see…

How beautiful love is…when the heart has been set free.


I love seeing all the sizes and shapes and colors of families and couples…everywhere I look…

I love how sometimes they wave…

sometimes they talk with me…

and sometimes…they even buy a book!


Which is why I love to sit on the riverbank in the bookstore

looking out on the world I see…

and why I don’t listen to people who want to tell me how the world should be.


I’m perfectly happy here on the riverbank…because from here it’s easy for me to see

the world as it really is…

the world as it was created to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment