Thursday, September 26, 2024

CATERPILLARS AND BABY LIZARDS

 

If I’m ever filled with dread…feelings of gloom and doom….

I look for new leaves on the trees…and flowers about to bloom.

 

I greet the stars up in the sky…watch the sun rise on a new day…

I stop and watch baby rabbits in the field as they play.


I listen to the baby birds in their nests…not quite ready to fly free…

I look out on the water and find baby dolphins in the sea.


This time of year in Florida…I like to walk real slow…

and greet the caterpillars and baby lizards everywhere I go.


Why is this important…because in the way it helps me cope.

It reminds me how Mother Nature has not lost her hope.

 

If she wasn’t filled with hope…if she was filled with gloom and doom

she wouldn’t encourage her trees to grow new leaves…

or invite her flowers to bloom.


She wouldn’t excite the birds to sing…

or inspire the stars to shine up in the sky…

and if Mother Nature places her hope in caterpillars and baby lizards

then, Gook Heavens, so will I.


No comments:

Post a Comment