Saturday, January 1, 2022

THANK YOU

 


Today…a two-part poem…(the first half you may kindly disregard)..

going out to everyone who sent me a happy birthday e-mail, letter, text…or card.


First…there was one card in particular I probably should have skipped…

it came not from a person I know…but from a Subaru dealership.


You see…we bought our new Subaru Outback three years ago…for features and luxury it does not lack…but ever since we bought it…Subaru has wanted to get it back.


Every month we get a card or a letter saying Hey, Jim and Deborah how would you…..like to trade in your old car…and buy a new Subaru?


We immediately throw them in the trash…we laugh…we often scoff…for we know in just one year we’ll have our Subaru paid off.


Their latest tactic…sending me a birthday card…in yesterday’s mail it arrived…to enhance their original offer…they’ll throw in a lube job and and new oil filter…for only $19.95.


Now I am not a marketing wizard…but even I could see…to enhance their original offer…the lube job and the oil filter…shouldn’t they both be free?


Now to the second part of the poem…I’d like to thank all of you who sent me a happy birthday e-mail, letter, text or a card…even those from across the world…of course you all know who you are.


My birthday is a day to enjoy a piece of cake…perhaps a glass of wine…and to celebrate not only all the lives I’ve touched…but all the lives who have touched mine.


So thank you friends and family…this portion of the poem is all about you…

For I know I would not be the person I am today…in my heart…in my soul…without you


It is your friendship, your kindness and your love that helps keep this old man alive…

and how wonderful knowing it comes free of charge…

unlike from Subaru…which would cost me $19.95




No comments:

Post a Comment