Monday, July 13, 2020

ELEPHANTS IN THE CLOUDS

On my walk this morning….the wind was blowing loud
and as the moon lit up the darkened sky I saw elephants in the clouds.

What made this morning special…it wasn’t just one elephant I found…
No, everywhere I looked…there were elephants all around.

Elephants laughing, jumping, playing…elephants on the run
elephants doing somersaults…elephants having fun.

And I can say with confidence…I hadn’t had one drink
when I tell you one little elephant was waving at me…
and another one was pink!

I watched these elephants for a while…high up in the sky
until they began to fade away…until the little one waved goodbye.

And I had to smile as I wondered early…
alone…far from the maddening crowds:
How special is a day that begins
with elephants in the clouds?


No comments:

Post a Comment