Sunday, March 3, 2019

PASSPORT PHOTO

Our daughter and her husband turn 40 this year…and we have wonderful news
To celebrate their special day…we’re going on a cruise!

We’ll be floating down to Cuba…yes, new memories we’ll add
but as good as this news is to hear…now…here comes the bad.

We need to have our passports renewed to visit this new place
Which means I had to take a picture…a close up of my face.

I’ve decided after a certain age no camera should ever get this close
I’m not sure what has happened…my features seem so gross.

Is my head really shaped lie this?
And much to my chagrin…are my eyebrows always this bushy?
What are those spots upon my skin?

Spots and wrinkles…wrinkles and spots…I see them everywhere
perhaps they’d be more hidden if I only had more hair.

Is it just the passage of time or am I a casualty of fate?
For my nose sees to have gotten bigger at a dangerously alarming rate 

Why is one eye drooping?
When did those bags under my eyes appear…
And those huge things on the side of my head
Oh my God! Could those be ears?

Is this is how the world sees me
with exaggerated features and wrinkled skin?
If so…when we get to Cuba I think I’ll wear an oversized hat

and hope they let me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment