Thursday, July 12, 2018

AWAKENED BY THE BIRDS

The way I wake up in the mountains is often difficult to put into words…
Each morning the alarm that awakens me…is the singing of the birds.

It begins with one bird crooning softly and I slowly open my eyes
then other birds join in the singing…gently beseeching me to rise….

It’s a wonderful way to wake up…listening to what the birds are trying to say
A pleasant, relaxing and beautiful way…to begin yet another day…

This morning I opened my eyes to a chorus of birds.
And I could hear in their melody…
Hurry…hurry…get up…get out of bed
there’s something we want you to see…

So I tiptoed out of the bedroom…with the birds singing harmoniously…
and in the dawn of the early morning…I stepped out on our porch to see…

As I reached the railing and looked out…the birds were now singing quite loud…
drawing my attention to the distance…..where a rainbow arced down from a cloud…

And I thanked all the birds as I stood on our porch…for waking me up so vociferously…
for opening my eyes to this wondrous morning…for insisting I get up and see…

Next, I rushed down and awakened Deborah…I said, the birds have been singing to me
there is something we’d all like to show you…something we’d like you to see…

And we stood on our porch together…with the birds singing happily in the background…
once again taken in by the wonder of a morning…and the beauty that in nature abounds…

A morning born amidst a chorus of birds…singing at the top of their lungs…

Urging us to see colors in the midst of the raindrops…painted by the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment