Monday, July 29, 2024

GNRT DAY 38 QUEBEC CITY AND MY HAT

 

We had this lovely tiny house booked in Quebec City

but they canceled our reservation a little while back…

so we took that as a sign from the Gods of travel

and made reservations at Le Chateau Frontenac.


Le Chateau Frontenac sits like a castle on a hill in Old Quebec City

It’s been in movies and mentioned in many people’s memoirs… 

It has hosted government officials, princesses, queens and movie stars


Let me digress a moment…


Before we left on this trip I bought this colorful bucket hat…

where on my head it has sat…

and I am proud to say I’ve received scores of compliments 

on my little tie-dyed hat.


People of all shapes, sizes and colors…young or old…

can you imagine that

have made it a point to walk up to me and say…I love your hat.


On hiking trails, in elevators, in restaurants…

in bathrooms…walking by a pool

I’ve been told so many times…how my hat is very cool.


I’m not sure why but people seem to love it…

from in the country to the cities…from the mountains to the farms…

and their love has turned my little hat…into our lucky charm.


The latest example was when we arrived at Le Chateau Frontenac

“I love your hat!” The woman who checked us in said.

“It looks so good on you.”

Then after we talked with her about our trip…

she upgraded us to a room with a king sized bed…and a river view.


She acted like we were royalty…something we could never have foreseen…

treating me like I was a king and Deborah like she was a queen.


I like to think it’s been my charming personality and my smile

that all these people are reacting too…and looking at…

but as I sit in our room overlooking the St. Lawrence River…

I’m confident…it is my hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment