Wednesday, October 16, 2024

BITTERSWEET MOMENTS

 

With the wedding ceremony over…

the bride and groom and guests have returned back from where they roamed… 

The wedding chapel we created… has turned back into a home.


It’s funny although the wedding was beautiful…

once the ceremony and partying is complete…

in the silence of it’s wake…I feel…a little bittersweet.


There are moments in life so magical you wish time would suspend

When you’re in the middle of the magic 

you don’t want that magic to end.


And when it does…as it always does…

when it’s over and you know that moment will never repeat…

You find yourself in a mix of emotions.…known as…bittersweet.


Happy to have enjoyed the magic…with family and friends…

Sad that particular magic moment…ever had to end.


It’s time for Deborah and I to leave as well…

and as I said goodbye to the spot where the the vows had been exchanged

I noticed in the short time we’ve been here…

how more colors in the trees have changed.


How more leaves have fallen from those trees that in the light breeze sway…

How everything around me changes a little every day.


And I know as my world changes…like this spot where they were wed…

change also means there are more opportunities for magical moments ahead.


But as I happily anticipate those new magic moments 

in life I know I’m going to meet…

Isn’t it funny how the magic that infuses one moment…

can make the next moment bittersweet


No comments:

Post a Comment