Tuesday, August 25, 2026

ONE TINY FEATHER

 

I was sitting on our porch enjoying a cool mountain breeze the other day

with the view of the mountains so grand

when in the midst of all this reverie…a tiny feather landed on my hand.


I’d never experienced a feather so tiny…it was a sight to see

and I wondered of all the places in the world…

why had it landed on me?


I quickly looked around…and just was quickly formulated a plan

to find the tiny bird who dropped her tiny feather in my hand


I wanted to ask her why she had chosen me…to drop a feather on today….

but I never got the chance because that illusive bird…had already flown away.


I assumed it was a hummingbird who left me this little gem 

we often see them hovering around the feeder we have out for them.


In fact they like to buzz my head in the morning…

It is there way to shout

that they are hungry and I have forgotten to put their feeder out.


But the feeder was out and waiting for them…

no need to buzz my head…

could there be another reason…

for this feather to be shed?


Since she didn’t hang around for me to ask…this is what ii think…

It was her way of saying Thank You…for providing her a morning drink.


It could be the feather just fell off her…and in a completely random way…

floated on the breeze and onto my hand that day.


But I prefer to think it wasn’t random…

that it was part of this hummingbird’s plan 

and if she ever pauses long enough…

I’ll ask her as fast as I possibly can.


No comments:

Post a Comment