I love rising in the morning a little before the sun
when everything is painted in shades of black and grey…
and being mesmerized as the daylight
reveals what nature has in store for me this day.
Today as the light of day began to break…
what was a mountain valley yesterday
this morning was a mountain lake.
A fitting beginning to this new day’s travelogue…
as the lake that lay before me was created out of fog!
As I watched the sun rise higher…before I had time to think
this beautiful lake of fog slowly began to sink.
It sunk as nature had intended…
no need to be concerned
until the lake had disappeared
and the valley had returned.
And I felt fortunate to be immersed in nature
at the onset of this day…
fortunate to have witnessed the creation of a foggy mountain lake
and watch her slowly fade away
No comments:
Post a Comment