A katydid stopped by this morning…landing on the porch next to me.
I decided to name her Katy…after all…what else should her name be?
When she joined me in the silence and as we sat among the trees.
I was glad for this small reminder of all the beauty surrounding me.
And I thought as I greeted this insect I had never met before…
How I will never tire of the surprises life and nature have in store.
I will never tire of sunrises and sunsets…
of a valley or a mountainous terrain
of a morning fog, of clouds, of rainbows
or of the aroma that lingers after a rain.
I will never tire of watching the flowers bloom in Spring,
how the Summer sunshine makes the ocean glow,
how the leaves change colors in the Fall
or a blanket of Winter snow.
I will never tire of seeing deer, raccoons and turkeys,
the sunlight peeking through the trees
the birds that whistle and warble and sing all day long…
ladybugs, butterflies or bees.
I will never tire of walking by a river, watching a baby crawl
counting the stars that dot the evening sky…a cascading waterfall.
I will never tire of traveling…visiting people in far off places
hearing the voices of those I love…seeing the smiles on their faces.
I sat on our porch this morning…
smiling at all these things I started thinking of…
All the things that bring me joy
All things I love.
And I stopped to thank that little green insect
as off the porch she slid….
because when it came to reminding me of the beauty of life
This morning…
that’s exactly what Katy did.
No comments:
Post a Comment