Sunday, January 28, 2018

WRINKLES OF TIME

In that old photo…is that me?
I’d really like to know
I think it does resemble me
but that was long ago.

I was so young…this I avow.
Still creating my blueprints.
But I’m much older than that now…
A lot has happened since.

In that new photo…is that me?
So old…but looking gay
I’m pretty sure that man is me
at least that’s me…today

The first photo…of course that's me!
but you can barely see my joy
The second photo…also me…
and also that little boy.

I’m not sure how it came to be
I’m not sure how it can…
But on the path of destiny 
that boy became that man.

The man was not part of the boy
For that is nature’s plan
But you can see it in his joy…
the boy is in the man.

Life is a series of photos
and as we live and grow
one photo is but one photo
not the entire show.

The man is 65…that’s true
The boy is 17
But the story of the two of them
lies in all the photos in between.

And though time has added a few wrinkles
that cover up my face
the boy, his joy…his twinkle

time cannot erase.

No comments:

Post a Comment