Wednesday, January 31, 2018

I LOVE

Some days when I wake up I like to take the time
(I’ve done this since I was a boy)
To list some things…perhaps in rhyme
that always bring me joy

It always begins and ends with family
Wife, children…grandchildren all
and then there’s the myriad of friends I’ve had
some…from a time when I was small.

I love flying in a plane;
the first glimmers of sunlight;
I love the smell after a rain;
a cricket symphony at night

I love ketchup on my eggs
(some people think that’s awful!);
I love playing mumblety-peg; 
I love ice cream on a waffle.

I love watching a child sleep; 
I love walking along the sand;
I love the softness of a sheep;
I’ve always loved holding hands.

I love the smell of sunscreen;
I love a grandma’s squeeze;
I love a mountain, a valley…a ravine;
I love sunflowers in the breeze.

I love watching pelicans fly across the water
sometimes two and three abreast;
I love walking on a deserted beach
as the sun sets in the west.

Yes, It never fails when I take a moment
and this simple philosophy employ…
List some of the things I love in rhyme

and start each day in joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment