Monday, October 5, 2026

PAINTING OF TEH FALL

 

I was brought up believing God is an artist…

that she has an artist’s eye.

How else can you explain how every day

she paints the land…the sea…the sky?


I love never knowing what painting I will see

because each day of every season she paints so differently.


Her winter colors are muted…

peace, serenity and solitude…they convey

She paints like Whistler and Picasso 

when they dabbled in white and gray


In springtime she paints in greater detail

as buds on the trees and flowers appear.

She begins to use more lively colors

and paint like da Vinci and Vermeer.


Her summer hues burst off her canvas

as the number of her pallets increase.

Diverse colors show up everywhere

as she paints like Van Gogh and Matisse.


But my favorite season of her painting

as each day I look out and am enthralled

is when her unique colors of summer

blend into impressions of the Fall.


I picture her in her heavenly studio

constantly mixing colors deciding on this day’s motif

surrounded by her brushes

as she paints…then repaints each leaf.


I love when she paints Like Whistler and Picasso in Winter,

Like da Vinci and Vermeer in Spring

And when she paints like Van Gogh and Matisse in summer

I love all the colors she brings…


But I prefer the Fall….sitting among the trees

as the sun illuminates the day…

and watching how her colors blend together…

as she paints the season like Monet.


No comments:

Post a Comment