When I look around at the world we’ve created…
unfortunately I see…
hatred, cruelty, deception, greed and dishonesty
trying and succeeding in some cases
to supplant peace, acceptance, caring, love and generosity
I also see a world filled with children…
who look to us wide-eyed and innocently…
To teach them everything we know
about peace, acceptance, caring, love and generosity.
If you’ve ever watched young children
you see they innately understand….
how we are all the same no matter what we look like
how they walk together hand in hand.
Watch children at play and you will quickly see…
They don’t let superficial things destroy their affection
their friendship, their love…their harmony.
I believe kind and gentle and good…accepting one another unconditionally
is the reason they were created…is who they were born to be.
If you look close… you will see peace and love and generosity in their eyes…
You will see they do not know of prejudice and hate…
unless we teach them otherwise.
Which makes me wonder if we want to change the world…
If we want more peace, acceptance, caring, love and generosity reaching us…
Perhaps instead of teaching our children…
they should be teaching us.
No comments:
Post a Comment