Wednesday, June 22, 2022

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS

 The heart is a remarkable organ…ready to accept love with every inhalation 

and just as prepared to give love back with every exhalation.


Which means everywhere we stop…pieces of many other hearts we find…

and when it’s time to go…we leave a little of our heart behind.


For when a heart is filled with love…no matter where we roam…

Wherever we stop for the evening…will always feel like home.


We have a house in Florida….it’s where our children received their chromosomes….

It’s where they did their growing up…it’s always been our home.


We have a family cabin in North Carolina…

for two weeks every summer to this cabin we would roam…

for two weeks every summer…this cabin was our home.


Our children all are grown now but when we get together…

or even when we just talk to them on the phone….

in a restaurant, or 600 miles apart…it always feels like home.


It is a wonderful feeling…wherever I go…and from every place I may depart…

I have a mobile home that travels with me…I carry it in my heart…


The other day, after returning, I was cleaning the floor of our cabin in NC…

when I noticed a heart design in the floorboard…staring up at me.


Reminding me as I grow a little oder…no matter where I roam

my home will always be where my heart is…

and where my heart is…

will always be my home.


No comments:

Post a Comment