Thursday, September 7, 2017

WHERE DO BIRDS GO IN THE RAIN?

You have to marvel at the innocence of children…
You have to wonder at their brains….
The other day I heard one ask:
Where do birds go in the rain?

I did not hear the mother’s reply…
her answer or suggestion..
For I was lost in reverie…
concentrating on the question.

And I thought how wonderful is that innocence…
It is music…it is rhyme…
and I thought how endearing is that innocence…
whose only enemy is time.

I do not know when one loses their innocence
Does anyone?…I truly doubt it…
But I imagine it is one of our saddest days
when we stop to think about it.

As I watch the problems in the world unfold
As I look at the mess we adults have created
It seems to me we could use more innocence 
Like the kind that child stated.

Yes, as I watch what’s happening in the world
I long for the time when our daydreams were free of pain….
When the questions we asked were innocent….

Like where do birds go in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment