Wednesday, June 7, 2017

THE RICHEST MAN IN TOWN

Growing up I had this dream…to be a millionaire…
live in a beautiful house, drive a fancy car and have money everywhere.

I’d skate through a life of happiness…seldom wear a frown.
There’d be no reason to be sad…for I’d be the richest man in town.

Then I became a teacher (Wait! What!) and a different life would then unfold
For on a teacher’s salary, now with a family…I put that initial dream on hold.

There were mouths to feed and bills to pay…facts I couldn’t deny
Now I dreamt for a healthy, happy family with enough money to get by.

And when that simpler dream was realized I became a different kind of millionaire…
with a beautiful wife, and a wonderful family…I had love everywhere.

And I have skated through a happy life…I seldom wear a frown
You see there is no reason to be sad…when you’re the richest man in town.

Yes, growing up I had this dream…as many young ones do
but I never thought I’d be this happy…when a different dream came true.

It happened somewhere along the way…
when that initial dream I was obsessed with…
I was able to give up quite willingly…
for the life I have been blessed with.

Now I dream my family’s dreams will one day all come true…
The ones they made when they were young…
and the ones they never knew.




No comments:

Post a Comment