Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Monday- The Sequel

MONDAY- The Sequel
Yesterday I wrote a poem about the first day of the week
I said it got a bad rap and I thought the day unique.

Then I heard from a friend on Facebook who does not think like me
Who works a variable schedule and sees Monday differently.

She works in the restaurant industry and it blew me away
To hear that Monday, yes it’s true, is her most cherished day.

While my most cherished weekend-- time I can’t wait to spend
 She is working tirelessly and can’t wait for it to end.

This led me to think about the others who keep this world afloat
While I rest on my sofa changing channels with my remote.

To the soldiers doctors, police and firemen just to name a few
Who have uncertain schedules not like me or you.

Who are out there working weekends to their family’s dismay
So I have the time with my kin, to run and jump and play.

So thank you all the people who make weekends available to me

And thank you Chrissy for showing—not everyone thinks like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment