Thursday, May 28, 2020

WISDOM OF THE OWL

I saw her standing in the grass…an owl…tiny, proud…but mute
which I thought odd because in the early morning owls usually love to hoot.

I‘ve heard owls are intelligent…and are said to be wise too
so, while I had her full attention, I thought I’d see if that was true.

I wanted to show this wise little owl that I had an intellect too
so I asked her existentially…”Little owl, tell me…who are you?”

“Who am I?” The little owl smiled, “as she looked up to the stars…
“Why who I am, who anyone is…depends on who you are.”

With that she flapped her wings and flew away.
I admit to feeling foul…
left standing in the middle of the street
befuddled by an owl…

But in my defense I am just a human. 
Wisdom in our species has long been overdue….
Which, once again, in my conversation with an owl
I discovered to be true.


No comments:

Post a Comment