Saturday, February 3, 2018

ONLY A HANDFUL

Last night I watched the full moon rise
as night replaced the day
and as she slowly rose above the trees
she took my breath away.

Two dogs running just out of reach
looked up as they played among the dunes.
Two lovers walking along the beach…
paused a moment to swoon.

And I thought how lucky I am to be standing here
watching the moon in awe,
standing neath a sky so clear…
under the same moon my ancestors saw.

And I though that moon’s been around since before time began
ushering in every nightfall
and how that same moon admired by animal, woman and man
shall endure…outliving us all.

This morning I watched the fading moonlight
as night returned control to the day
and as I watched her slowly drift out of sight
she again took my breath away.

For once again I was reminded how life is fleeting
how it’s up too us to make each moment last
to do something each moment worth repeating
before the moment slips into the past…

To fill our days with surprises…
remembering life is but a momentary vignette…
and we only have a handful of moonrises…
and only a handful of moonsets.


No comments:

Post a Comment