Sunday, December 31, 2017

HAPPY ENDINGS

Everybody loves their birthday 
It’s a day we all hold dear…
And I love that mine falls on December 31st…
the last day of the year.

I have mentioned I grew up on Fairy Tales
and though they may only be pretending…
I love the stories…love the adventures…
and love those happy endings…

I wonder…was I drawn to happy endings
because I was born on the last day of the year?
Or…
Are Fairy Tales the reason
I hold happy endings so dear?

It matters not…for it’s now December 31st
and as my birthday is descending…
I feel blessed to have lived another Fairy Tale year…
with another happy ending.

blessed to be living a life that started Once Upon a Time…
a life filled with joy and love…and laughter…
a Fairy Tale where each year ends with…

Happily Ever After.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday. Have a great day.
    Thank you for your 2017 poems 😊

    ReplyDelete