Thursday, August 10, 2017

MY APOLOGIES TO YOU...AND MARK!


The other day after reading a Mark Twain quote
(one of his typical paradigms),
I was inspired by his words
and used them in a rhyme…

In the poem I mentioned Deborah and our children…
but I’m afraid many people were misled
when along with the poem, on Facebook,
I posted a picture of the day we wed.

Since it is now the beginning of August
this misinformation I must impugn…
Because…
despite all the wonderful wishes we received…
our anniversary was in June.

I didn’t mean to cause so much confusion
so let me now your confidence regain…
by allowing me to apologize to you…
and also…Mr. Twain.

I imagine Mr. Twain would have said it better…
perhaps these words he would have formed:
If you fail to read my poems you are unenlightened…he might say
If you read them…you’re misinformed…

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding
although I admit Deborah is still a a little miffed…
Apparently she believed all your anniversary wishes…
and now keeps searching for her gift!





No comments:

Post a Comment